Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Subject: Counterpunch

----- Original Message -----

From: John Cole
To: velvel@mslaw.edu
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2005 12:12 AM
Subject: Counterpunch


Sir:

I'd like to applaud your article "Why Did Libby Lie?" on the Counterpunch site Thursday. It's not just that it tied so much together in an incisive way; it also provided the kind of corrective affirmation of your legitimacy that I've needed since the ridiculous "pissing contest" I provoked with you 16 years ago when I interviewed in Andover. I certainly hope that you don't remember but, whatever the case may be, I can reflect today with a chastened dignity upon the recollection of "bitching" at a gentleman every bit as "attuned" as I might ever imagine to be.

Sincerely,

John Cole
(applied Spring 1989, then again 1990 by mail... You mentioned your son going to Columbia Journalism School.)