Friday, September 16, 2005

Re: Bob Scheer in the LA Times

September 16, 2005

Dear Peter:

For some reason my office never gave me the hard copy of your email containing Scheer’s article, nor did it appear on my Blackberry until last Wednesday or so. So I am just now writing to thank you for it.

Scheer’s piece is indeed excellent. I may write a response to certain aspects of it next week, in particular the fact that racial prejudice and general government incompetence and dishonesty had a big impact in causing the white middle and lower classes to accept the views that Scheer decries.

Again, thanks for sending Scheer’s piece.

Larry Velvel


----- Original Message -----

From: Peter Young
To: Dean Lawrence R. Velvel
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 9:59 PM

Subject: Bob Scheer in the LA Times